Amb. Prof. Dr. Geoffrey VanderPal
VanderPal has over 20 years of financial industry experience helping people make more money and save more money through proper wealth management. Since 2002, VanderPal has been a successful entrepreneur in finance and fashion, including appointed as an Ambassador at Large and Economist for the Republic of Guinea. During the last 2 decades, VanderPal has served as a Securities Arbitrator with FINRA. VanderPal later sold his financial advisory firm after 10 years and later co-founded a fashion brand, Alexia Kay ®. He has been university faculty teaching finance and business courses worldwide since 2003, on Four continents and online.
- Post-Doctorate of Management, Concentration: Global Leadership | Colorado Technical University | 2014
- Doctorate of Business Administration in Finance (Honors) | Nova Southeastern University | 2006
- Master of Business Administration | Webster University | 1997
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration | Columbia College
- Finance, Marketing and Management
- Certified Financial Planner® (CFP since 2001 )
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU since 2002)
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP since 2005)
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Level II Candidate
Areas of Expertise
- International Business
- Global Leadership
- Financial literacy
- Portfolio Management
- International Business
Research & Publications
- VanderPal, G., Spanner, M. (2018). Exploratory study of 3 Cases of Corporate Crisis and Stock Market Reaction. Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics. 15(3).
- VanderPal, G. (2019). Exploring the Nexus Between Research and Development Expenditures and Corporate Financial Performance: A Sectoral Analysis. American Journal of Management, 19(4). https://doi.org/10.33423/ajm.v19i4.2395
- VanderPal, G. (2019). Understanding the Nexus of R&D Expenditures and Intangible Assets in Different Asset Types: A Quantile Regression Approach. Journal of Strategic Innovation and Sustainability, 14(6). https://doi.org/10.33423/jsis.v14i6.2612
- VanderPal, G. (2019). Nonlinear Effect of R&D Expenditures and Intangible Assets on Financial Performance: A Panel Threshold Analysis. Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 21(9). https://doi.org/10.33423/jabe.v21i9.2686
- VanderPal, G. (2019). How Intangible Assets Affect the Corporate Financial Performances and How It Varies from Sector – to – Sector?. Journal of Accounting and Finance, 19(8). https://doi.org/10.33423/jaf.v19i8.2624
- 2017 – Present Ambassador at Large and Economist for the Republic of Guinea
- 2006-2009 – Honorary Consul for the Slovak Republic.
- University engagements in Thailand, EU, Africa, and the US
- Business engagements in Thailand, African and the US
Honors and Awards:
- Teacher of the Year at Kaplan University in 2018.
- FINRA Securities Arbitrator | 1998 – Present
- Past President | Southern Nevada Financial Planning Association | 2004 & 2005
- Treasurer & Elected Director | Amber Ridge HOA for 241 homes | 2006 – 2008
- Diplomatic Appointment as Honorary Consul for the Slovak Republic | 2006 – 2009
- Paired Reviewer (2004) and Content Specialist (2008) | CFP Board of Standards
- Village Trustee (elected) | Village of Cary, Cary, IL | 1995 – 1997: One of the youngest elected officials in Illinois history.